2012-09-26

Trotskyism & Esperanto in the 1930s

I remember initiating this project, but I forgot about this letter to the editor, which I recently stumbled upon online:

Ralph Dumain: Letter - Trotskyism and Esperanto, Revolutionary History, Vol. 7 No. 4, Winter 2000–2001

Even less do I remember this response, and I wonder if I ever read it:

Ron Lynn: Letter - Esperanto and the Left, Revolutionary History, Vol. 8 No. 1, Summer 2001

The print quality of these bulletins is so bad, OCR is impossible. The documents would have to be retyped or simply scanned as images. In fact, I enlisted someone to do the scanning but the project only got this far:

La Permanenta Revolucio. No. 3 (1935), 12 pages

This is an interesting piece of left history and Esperanto history that has completely dropped out of historical awareness. I must return to this project one day.


No comments: